Have you ever ask what is the purpose of the mountain climbers?
This exercise is a bodyweight workout that burns calories and provides an overall body toning benefits.
Mt.Climber helps strengthen abs, arms,hamstrings ,quadriceps and is also great fat burning workout.
This total body move help to lose weight ,tones thighs and core at the same times.
What also great about this exercise it requires no equipments and is easy to add to any workout routine, you can also modify this exercise to accommodate to your own fitness level.
So are you ready to give the Mt.Climber a try, follow the step by step instruction and watch the video to make sure you are doing it correctly.
1. Start on your hands and toes, in a push up position.
2. Hold this position and bring one knee up as far underneath your body and towards your chest as you can.
3. At the top of the motion, let your foot tap the ground briefly push off from the ground with both feet simultaneously, switching the positions of your legs so that the opposite foot is now tapping the ground under your body while the other leg is extended. Keep the motion (the switching of foot positions) continuous.
4. The shorter the time between the alternating leg positions, (extended and tapping) the harder the exercise.
5. Continue to alternate legs without dropping out of the push up position for a set period of time or a set number of repetitions.
For an easy version of the Mt.Climber check out the video here.
If you looking for other Mountain Climber Variations check it out here.
Below is a great 17 Minute HIIT workout that will include Mt.Climber.
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.