Did ever wanted to know what dumbbell upright row was good for?
The upright row is a great exercise to target the top and sides of your shoulders.
For women; use lighter weights with high repetitions which will tone and define the neck and shoulders.
As for men by using higher weights and low repetitions, this exercise is also great if you want to build size and width in your shoulders ,also strengthen your deltoids and trapezius.
So are you ready to give the upright row a try, follow the step by step instruction and watch the video to make sure you are doing it correctly.
When choosing a dumbbell make sure the weight is correct for your fitness level. This is the larger muscle, so try to use a heavier weight while doing this workout.
1. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and with the dumbbells, making sure you have your palms pointing towards you.
2. Raise upper arms out to the side, letting your elbow bend so that your hands come to your collarbone.
3. Lead the upward motion with your elbow. Raise your hands as close to shoulder height as you can keeping your elbows higher than your hands.
4. Then slowly lower your arms back down to a full extension before repeating the motion.
5. Continue for a set number of repetitions or a set time period.
Here is a great site for more Dumbbell workout.
Watch the video below to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly
If you are looking for more dumbbell workout click on the links below.
Here are some great dumbbell workouts that you can try at home or at the gym which also include two free workout videos.
The dumbbell hammer curl has a the same movement like the dumbbell curl but the only difference is you will holding the weight slightly different than the curl exercise.
The dumbbell triceps extension is a great exercise that focuses on the triceps.
Dumbbell triceps kickback exercise is another great exercise that focus on the triceps.
Below is a great 18 minutes shoulder workout for strength also this workout will include the upright row.
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.