The main muscle that this exercise focus on are the thigh muscles, better now as the quadriceps.
This exercise not only targets the quads, it also targets the gluteus maximus (butt muscles).
Some other muscle that are use includes the hamstrings, calves and lower back.
So as you can see, this exercise is a full lower body workout that you will feel in many muscles.
Many people do not like doing squats because they feel pain in the lower back. The reason is because they are doing the exercise incorrectly.
So make sure to follow the instructions below and watch the video to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly.
1. Begin by standing on the floor with a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bring your body straight down by bending both knees forward. Keep your back and shoulders straight.
3. Keep your arms straight down and bring the dumbbells all the way to your ankles.
4. As you move down, your butt should extend beyond your heels.
5. Hold the squat position for several seconds.
6. Then engage your gluteus maximus to bring your body back up to the standing position.
7. For a full workout, repeat this movement in three sets with 15 repetitions.
Here is a great site for more Dumbbell workout.
Watch the video below to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly.
Once you are done click on the link below to see so more dumbbell workouts.
Here are some great dumbbell workouts that you can try at home or at the gym which also include two free workout videos.
Below is a great 33 minutes Squats and Deadlifts Workout - At Home Lower Body Workout.
If you like this workout check out more great exercise at Dumbbell Workout
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.
Diabetes fit for life
Dumbbell Side Lunge