The dumbbell shoulders press is a great exercise for your shoulder muscle.
The muscle that this exercise targets is the deltoids, which is the muscles in the shoulders.
Unlike the dumbbell side lateral raise , this exercise will strengthen more muscle with this move. The main muscle that are targeted is anterior deltoid, or the front of the shoulder.
With this exercise it will strengthen the deltoid muscles which are the lateral (middle) and the posterior or back of the shoulder.
The primary muscle that are used during this workout include the triceps. These muscles assist in the pressing.
The secondary muscle which help stabilize and support the shoulder during this exercise includes the rotator cuff, the trapezius (traps), the latissimus dorsi (lats) and the rhomboids.
The other muscles that are used are the rectus abdominis and the transverse abdominals are also engaged during this move.
Use the steps below to do this move correctly.
1. While holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a bench or utility bench that has back support. Place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs.
2. Now raise the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time using your thighs to help propel them up into position.
3. Make sure to rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing forward. This is your starting position.
4. Now, exhale and push the dumbbells upward until they touch at the top.
5. Then, after a brief pause at the top contracted position, slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling.
6. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Watch the video below to ensure you are doing the this move correctly.
Here is a great site for more Dumbbell workout.
Watch the video below to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly
Here are some more dumbbell workouts you may like:
Here are some great dumbbell workouts that you can try at home or at the gym which also include two free workout videos.
The dumbbell chest press is a great exercise for the chest muscle.
The dumbbell fly is another great exercise to building strength in the chest muscles.
Below is a great 42 minutes upper body workout that will tone your shoulders and lats also this workout will include the shoulders press.
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.