The dumbbell calf raise is a great exercise for your calf muscle and is very easy to do. You will need a small step or board to do this exercise.
This exercise not only strengthens the calf muscle, it also works out lower leg muscles as well.
The flexor digitorum longus and flexor hallucis longus muscles help the calves while doing the calf raise.
Some other muscle that this exercise are muscle in your foot and toes.
While doing this exercise and if you find it difficult to balance. You can use a chair or wall to place your hand on for support.
1. Start by holding two dumbbells in your hands by your sides.
2. Place the ball of the foot on a sturdy and stable wooden board (that is around 2-3 inches tall) while your heels extend off and touch the floor. or you can start off the floor as well.
3. With the toes pointing either straight raise the heels off the floor as you contracting the calves.
4. Hold the top contraction for a second.
5. Go back to the starting position by slowly lowering the heels.
6. Repeat for 10 to 15 times.
Here is a great site for more Dumbbell workout.
Watch the video below to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly.
Once you are done click on the link below to see so more dumbbell workouts.
Here are some great dumbbell workouts that you can try at home or at the gym which also include two free workout videos.
Below is a great 23 minutes Fat Burning Butt and Thigh Workout that include a calf raise.
If you like this workout check out more great exercise at Dumbbell Workout
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.
Diabetes fit for life
Dumbbell Side Lunge