Have you ever wonder what muscles does the dumbbell bent over flys target and what it is good for?
This exercise target the rhomboids of the upper back and rear deltoids.
While doing this bent over flys it effectively isolated the rhomboids, developing stronger and tones upper back muscle that are required to offset the strength of the pectoral muscles of the chest.
This workout is a great exercise to add to any upper body routine to tone or strengthen your upper back.
1. With feet shoulder width apart, with a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bend your knees slightly and lean over from your hips, getting your back as close to parallel to the ground as you can while keeping a flat back.
3. Bend elbows slightly and pull your hands up and out to your sides to get your hands at chest height or higher.
4. Slowly lower your hands back down under your shoulders, then repeat the motion.
5. Up and back down is one repetition.
Here is a great site for more Dumbbell workout.
Watch the video below to make sure you are doing this exercise correctly
If you are looking for more dumbbell workout click on the links below.
Here are some great dumbbell workouts that you can try at home or at the gym which also include two free workout videos.
The dumbbell hammer curl has a the same movement like the dumbbell curl but the only difference is you will holding the weight slightly different than the curl exercise.
The dumbbell triceps extension is a great exercise that focuses on the triceps.
Dumbbell triceps kickback exercise is another great exercise that focus on the triceps.
Below is a great 50 minutes Upper Body Superset Workout also this workout will include the bent over flys.
The resistance band bicep curls is similar to the dumbbell curl but instead of using dumbbells you are using resistance bands. The bands allow you to switch.
Interval training or HIIT which is short for High-intensity interval training, which is a great way to combine low intense aerobics with high intense workout.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.