This diabetic apple raisin muffins is a delicious dessert and goes great with your lunch, snack or dinner meal.
By using a sugar substitute, this recipe is lower in sugar and is great for diabetic like myself.
It makes a great dessert for Thanksgiving, Fall or Winter season. Or to be honest you can make this all year long.
This is a easy recipe that take about 30 minutes to complete. So grab the ingredients and let’s make a batch of muffins.
This delicious, moist diabetic apple and raisin muffins which is quick and easy to make for the whole family will love.
Degree of Difficulty
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 packets sugar substitute
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plumped raisins
1. (To plump raisins: place in a small bowl and pour 1 cup boiling water over raisins. Let stand 15 minutes, then drain.)
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare standard muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, and applesauce. Slowly add to dry ingredients, mixing only until combined. Fold in raisins.
4. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and turn muffins out of tin onto cooling rack.
5. When cool, store muffins in refrigerator or freezer for future use.
6. 12 servings/Serving size: 1 muffin
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 19 g,
Protein: 3 g,
Fat: 3 g,
Saturated Fat: 1 g,
Sodium: 108 mg,
Fiber: 1 g
If you like Cinnamon give these Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffins a try.
Here a great recipes with no flour, no sugar , no fat Diabetic Apple Raisin Muffins.
This is great chilli recipe that will help warm you up in the winter. The green peppers and diced onions are what make this chili unique. If you really want to blend the flavors together, just transfer it into a crockpot and let it simmer all day.
These diabetic fish recipes are some of my favourite. To tell you the truth I love fish , fish and more fish and all these meal are a fish lover paradise. So give then a try and leave a comment below and tell me how you like them.
So I have two kids and we have tons of family parties, get together and holidays parties and every time that we celebrate we eat. So I try to bring some diabetic friendly appetizer to these parties. Check out this page to find out some great appetizer.
Start your day off right with this breakfast smoothie recipe.
Exercising is not only great for losing weight, it can help you control blood sugar levels.Find out more about exercise and diabetes by reading this article.
Check out the diabetic friendly recipes on this site. Each recipe comes complete with nutrition information and a diabetic friendly.
You can find something new for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers or even desserts.